Here are 5 things I am looking forward to in this new year, 2014.
1. Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr. – This will be Rice Lake’s second all-school musical. We have nearly 50 students who will be acting, singing, and dancing in this show scheduled to be performed on February 28 and March 1. I heard a rumor there might be another special guest cameo!
2. Welcoming all-day kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year. – District #279 and Rice Lake are engaged in planning for space, staff, and programming to add all-day kindergarten at Rice Lake, and in all Osseo elementary schools, starting next school year.
3. Continuing our RLR theme. – “Rice Lake Roadrunners Model Respect, Learning, and Responsibility” continues to be our school-wide PBIS theme. This year we added a tagline, “All Aboard the RLR Express.” We will continue to recognize our wonderful students through the Citizen of the Month honor, Right on Track coupons, and classroom recognition programs.
4. Rice Lake students continuing their proven success. – Last year our students demonstrated they are achieving and growing in reading, mathematics, and science through the MCA and NWEA measurements. Teachers and students are working hard to continue the great results we achieved last year. We had the highest Multiple Measures Report rating of all 17 district elementary schools last year, coming only behind MGSH in all District #279 schools!
5. Increasing the use of technology for teaching, learning, and communicating. – Thanks to the PTO, our teachers, and the district, we have added to our technology resources, training, and usage the past few years. I am even getting in on the act and demonstrating that you are never too old to learn! You can follow me on Twitter @PrincipalFrench or see what is happening in school by searching the hashtag #RLRoadrunners. My goal with Twitter and this blog is to share the great things happening at Rice Lake Elementary.
I’m looking forward to another great year and am excited to share my learning and observations with you!